City of Thousand Oaks Rent Control


The City only has rent control for a small number of apartment units and all mobile homes.  Apartment rent control does not apply to any tenant who moved into their apartment unit after 1987.  Only tenants who have lived in the same rent-controlled unit since 1987 are eligible for rent control.  Call the Housing Division at (805) 449-2393 or email for more information.

The City of Thousand Oaks contracts with the Housing Rights Center (HRC) of Los Angeles for FREE fair housing services to Thousand Oaks residents and community members. HRC offers housing discrimination complaint investigation, landlord/tenant counseling, predatory lending referrals, outreach and education, and legal and advocacy services. For additional information, contact HRC at (800) 477-5977, or visit HRC’s website at   Housing Rights Center of Los Angeles