Experienced Real Estate Consultation
Fred Shaheen Real Estate Services
Fred Shaheen Real Estate Services
Real Estate Brokerage Services
How Escrow Works
Why Title Insurance?
What's Earnest Money?
Selling One, Buying Another
Contingencies in Contracts
Improvements That Pay
Stage Your Home
Curb Appeal List
Reasons Homes Don't Sell
Why Get An Inspection?
Mold in the Home
Lead in the Home
Seller Paid Closing
Tax Closing Costs
Can I deduct Moving Expenses?
IRS Pub 936
Gifting Down Payments
IRC 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchange
Analyze an Investment
Homeowners' Exemption Form
Disabled Veterans' Exemption Form
LA Commercial Real Estate News
Residential Real Estate News-DQ
US Commercial Real Estate News
Real Estate Glossary
CPSC RE Related Alerts/Recalls
Architecture Week Magazine
Property Management Services
Tenant, Landlord & Vendor Login
Landlord/Tenant Consumer Pubs
LA RSO - Chapter XV
West Hollywood Rent Stabilization
Santa Monica Rent Control
Glendale Just Cause Evictions
Beverly Hills Rent Stabilization
Gardena - Title 14
Malibu Mobilehome Park Rent Control Reg
Thousand Oaks Rent Control
Section 8 FAQ - HUD
Costa-Hawkins Rental Housing Act
Residential Mortgage Financing
Daily Rate Lock Advisory
Locking in Rates
Bond Market - Bloomberg
Bond Market News - Bloomberg
Key Rates - Bloomberg
Need a Bridge Loan?
Applying for a Loan
Loan Application Checklist
Loan-Related Closing Costs
Document Your Assets
Should I Refinance?
Refi Breakeven Calc
Refi and Consolidate
Renter Tax Benefits
Mtg Tax Savings Calc
Rent vs Buy Calc
Maximum Mortgage Calc
15 vs 30 Year Mtg Calc
The Bi-Weekly Mortgage
Mortgage Saving Tips
Apartment Finance News AFT
Housing Finance Agencies
Economic Forecast 2015-2016 LAEDC
Economic Indicators - BEA
Economic Indicators - US Census
CPI-U Los Angeles - BLS
CA Unempl. Rate By County - EDD
FRED Fed Reserve Economic Data
FRB San Francisco Economic Research
Economic Calendar - Bloomberg
Economic Newsfeed US Census
Government Affairs - NAR
Real Estate Legal & Tax Matters
Real vs. Personal Property
Mfg vs Modular Homes
Property Taxes & CA Prop 13
Property Tax Exclusions Overview
Prop 8 Decline-in-Value
Prop 58 & 193 Tax Base Fam Tfr
Prop 60 & 90 Tax Base Tfr Seniors
Prop 110 Excl Tax Base Tfr Disabled
Tax Benefits of Installment Sales
Tax Benefits of Rental Property
Tax Benefits-Principal & Secondary Residences
Vacation Homes IRC 280A
Death of A Real Property Owner
Tax Credits for Energy Efficient Upgrades
Energy Efficient Window Guide
Rates and Payments Research
- Calculate your payment and amortization schedule.
- Compare multiple terms for a given principal and rate. For example, see the difference between a 15 year and a 30 year mortgage.
- See how changes in your rate affect your payment for a given principal and term.
- Find the APR on a fixed rate mortgage.
- A balloon mortgage can reduce your monthly payments but may require refinancing at the end of the term.
- Compare monthly payment amounts for an interest-only mortgage and a principal-interest mortgage.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- Determine monthly payments and the effective interest rate (APR) for an ARM.
Budgeting Decision Tools
- Find out if you qualify for a given mortgage and just much you can afford, then create an amortization schedule.
- Plug in a high and low figure for a payment and see how it translates to a mortgage.
- Save thousands of dollars in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
- Discover how much in interest you will save if you make 1/2 of your mortgage payment every two weeks instead of making a full mortgage payment once a month.
Mortgage Tax Savings
- Estimate the tax savings you'll realize by deducting interest and property tax payments.
Analysis For Renters
Tax Savings for Renters
- Find out how much someone currently renting can save in taxes this year if they decide to purchase a home.
Rent vs. Buy
- Factor in things such as interest, property taxes, tax savings, appreciation, opportunity costs, closing costs, and selling costs to see the real difference in renting versus buying.
- Based on your current rent, find out how much of a mortgage you could afford.
Refinance Savings and Break-even
- Should you refinance your mortgage? Use this calculator to determine what your new payment will be, how much you'll save in interest and when you will break even.
Consolidate and Refinance
- Should you consolidate a first and second mortgage into a single mortgage?